Wednesday, June 13, 2018

June Must Haves

























Hello Beautiful,


I wanted to post another entry but thought I would post something that is not law-related to get my mind off of the LSAT. Today's entry is on my June must haves.
Image Source


I found these bars first at Trader Joe's and was instantly intrigued. I really like that these bars do not contain protein powder or anything unnatural in them. The ingredients in these bars are recognizable and are easily found in the grocery store. Also, all the ingredients are organic which is another positive. I absolutely love love these bars. They definitely keep you full until your next meal. I usually eat them in the morning for breakfast. Their flavors range from plain almond butter to blueberry cashew. Their walnut chocolate bar is unreal- it seriously tastes like a real brownie straight from the oven. I hate when people say, "Oh this protein bar tastes just like a dessert, etc" and you try it and it is awful. What the heck? Have these people ever had a real dessert in their life? These bars taste like a decadent dessert and are so filling and wonderful. The only downside with these bars is that they are kind of high in calories. Each bar varies between 300-350. I feel that the calories are OK and I feel fine eating them, especially if I go to the gym or if I try to eat healthy for the rest of the day. These bars are nut butter based and vary between almond or peanut butter. These bars are really awesome and are made by a family based company who are based here in San Diego. I was surprised while looking at the ingredients that there is a superfood blend in the bar- which contains kale, tomato, celery, kelp, and even more veggies. It's shocking because you definitely can't taste it. You need these bars in your life 👏 You can find these bars in the refrigerated aisle at Sprouts, Trader Joe's, Costco, and even Target.



Image Source

Who doesn't love Reese Witherspoon? I had no idea that she has a book club! I actually found this book club through her Instagram! Every month she debuts a new book. The books range from drama, psychological thrillers, and memoirs. The books vary in topics and everyone will be able to find something that they like. The book that was picked for June- Something in the Water was written by an actress from Downton Abbey (cool, right?). I started reading Something in the Water and I am hooked! There is nothing better than finding a great book, especially during Summer. Looking for a book to read? Don't worry Reese has you covered. I just wish I had more time to read all these great books ;). 



3) Jane the Virgin


Image Source


Holy crap! This show is so good. I remember when it came out a few years ago and never really gave it a shot. I kinda thought it looked lame and it didn't seem like something I would be into. The show is kind of like a telenovela. The show is a little dramatic but so good and entertaining. I've binged 7 episodes so far and can not get enough. When I get off of work tonight the first thing I am going to do is to pour a glass of wine and find out who Jane picks- Raphael or Michael?? I am so hooked on this show. If you have a Netflix account Jane the Virgin is a show you DEFINITELY want to binge. The characters on this show are all so cute. This is a perfect show to watch especially if you have a break from studying for the LSAT. 💃


4) Tory Burch Miller Flip Flop


Image Source


I absolutely love Tory Burch. Yes, her items are a little pricey, but #treatyoself. right? My best friend started carrying a Tory Burch bag and I was so jealous. I had to get one for myself and then some other things too...I don't know what it is about this brand, but I feel as if everyone has a little Tory Burch fever right? Maybe it's because the items that she sells are super high quality or maybe it's because everyone knows that you dropped a couple hundred dollars for a pair of flip-flops, or maybe it's the aesthetically pleasing logo that she puts on all her products. I don't know, but I am hooked!! I broke down and bought these Tory Burch Miller Flip Flops in Vintage Vanchetta Leather at Nordstrom. It did pain me to buy these because they were so expensive. I do wear flip-flops every day so I thought it was a great investment. I do wear these flip flops every day so I am thoroughly enjoying them and wearing them. So far, these flip flops are amazing. They look about a step up from regular flip flops and they look fancy enough that I can get away with wearing these to work. These sandals still look brand new and are super comfortable. For myself, I do feel like they were worth the investment.  I want them all in every color *hint *hint 😏


5) Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder


Image Source

....This stuff is amazing. I never ever buy expensive makeup or anything from Sephora. I have always bought my makeup at Target ever since I first started wearing makeup. I could not rationalize why I need a fifty dollar foundation or thirty dollar eyeshadow. I would rather spend all my money on shoes or bags. Enter Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder. Damn, this stuff is awesome. I first read about this powder on the blog, Southern Curls and Pearls. I absolutely love this blog. You want to hate her because she's so beautiful but her blog posts sound like your best friend giving you beauty and fashion tips. I love reading her blogs especially when she writes about new beauty product finds. Anyway, she said that this powder was awesome so (again) I broke down and bought some. I was always tired of coming home from work and looking like my makeup was completely melted off. I put this powder on over my makeup when I'm done in the morning and I swear my makeup does not budge. Even when I come home from work my makeup still looks perfect. It comes in handy especially on these hot and humid days that we have been having. This powder is so awesome and prevents you from having to retouch your make up halfway way through the day. I am definitely wearing this powder on my wedding day💓.



I hope everyone did well on the LSAT on Monday!!! We got through it. Now on to the July LSAT. Good luck everyone- 8 weeks out☝. We got this. Now get back to studying 👏😅.



"If you are going through hell- keep going"- Winston Churchill (I thought this quote is appropriate for us studying for the LSAT).

Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment